Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Of Sadness and Gratitude

I'm sad today. Nothing happened to make me more sad today than any other day--I'm just sad. While being racked with melancholy, I looked up Brandon's account on Facebook. I wanted to see his face. To see pictures of him smiling back at me--pictures that seem to be so recent. As I scrolled through his smiling face, I cried, I smiled, and I laughed. My heart hurt a little, but it felt glad as well.

It's okay to have moments of sadness. It's okay to take that time to heal. I wish every day could be a day full of laughter and happiness full of progress and of moving forward; however, sometimes I think sadness can be progress too. Sadness helps me remember how much I loved my little brother. Sadness reminds me of the moments we shared, and on the other side of sadness, I can see peace.

So, today I'll cry. I'll allow myself that moment. I'll keep moving forward, but I'll also allow the tears to roll. I'll celebrate Brandon in my heart, and I'll rejoice in the life he lived. I'll keep sacred my understanding of forever families, and I will rejoice that it will come to pass.

I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and His love that He has for each of us. I am grateful that I know He hears me. I am grateful that I know He is aware of my struggle. I am grateful for the love He sends my way. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of families, and of the plan of salvation. I am grateful for my Savior, for His atoning sacrifice, and for His love for me. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to grow and to become better. I am grateful....ever so grateful. I love my God. I love Him with all my heart. My heart sings and rejoices in Him, and I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment