Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Daily Reflections~Day 7

Today was a difficult day. I think days like today is when this activity counts the most. The ability to see the silver lining--despite difficulties--is a gift. I am grateful for the moments that Jacob and I laughed after school. I am grateful for Hailey's willingness to immediately help when asked. I am grateful that Amber works hard at whatever she does. I think the blessing that stands out the most today is the blessing of positive words. Amber has been struggling with trying too hard to be perfect. She seems to be worried a lot. I see her relaxing more and more since PACE (a 5th grade project) has come to a conclusion. However, despite her unwind--she has still needed to KNOW that she is a beautiful daughter of God. (I think we all need reminded of this sometimes.) Well, today some of the girls had been mean to her at gymnastics. Bryan and I listened, and then we both encouraged her to believe in herself. After some consoling and a few more tears, I felt that Amber was reassured. Later I was communicating with her coach about a make-up schedule, and her coach said that Amber was doing fantastic. She complimented Amber with such a beautiful compliment that I can't wait to tell her in the morning. This is comment is a blessing in Amber's life. She needs to know that others believe in her. I am not sure why it seems so important, but it is, and the Lord is aware of Amber's concerns!

The compliment: Amber is rock-solid with her gymnastics. She is truly soaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment