Monday, February 23, 2015

Daily Reflections~Day 5

I received an email from a friend today, which said, "Carrie, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your Gospel Doctrine lesson on Sunday.  I haven't made it to Sunday School for quite a while with my calling and little Isaac being such a wiggle worm.  I can tell that you have really been working on your teaching skills, and this has become an area of talent for you as you've worked and prepared your lessons.  I'm sure some of it also spills over from Seminary teaching as well.  The last time I heard you teach was when we were in YW together, and you were good then, but this has really become a strength of yours and a talent you've developed.  Hopefully this compliment is coming across the way I meant for it to!  I just wanted you to know that I think you're doing an amazing job with your teaching.  We were having an FHE lesson last week on gifts of the Spirit, so for some reason on Sunday I felt like I should let you know that I recognized this great growing talent of yours.  Keep it up.  Hopefully I'll be able to attend an EFY of yours some day :o) Love, Jen"

The thing is: I didn't get the job for EFY. This letter was a message from my Heavenly Father reminding me to trust in Him. It is a reminder that I may not have all the answers to the "Why" questions, but those answers don't really matter. I feel slightly discouraged that I didn't get the job. I felt so inspired to apply for the job in the first place, and it's difficult not to question that inspiration. Why would I be prompted to apply, and then not get the position? This letter was a reminder to me to not question the "why", but rather to trust. I have complete faith that there is a plan for me. I have no doubt that He will lead me--I just need to trust in Him. This letter reminded me of that.

(I also received a text message from another member in our ward, thanking me for the lesson. I realize that this isn't me, but it is God allowing me to be a tool for Him. I am humbled. I am grateful. I pray I can be all that He needs. The scriptures say that with God, all things are possible--I will rely on that!)

I will be teaching at Education Week this summer. I will do my best in testifying there. I will then pray to be led to where I am needed. I have no doubt He will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment