Friday, February 20, 2015

Daily Reflections~Day 1

As I have been studying my lesson on Jesus' miracles, I have reflected on the day to day miracles in my own life. While in contemplation, I received a phone call from my husband expressing frustration concerning our car. Our car needed an emissions test completed; however, due to the engine light continuously manifesting itself, we hadn't yet accomplished the task of an emissions test. We knew that if the engine light was manifested, the car would fail the test. In the past, we have had the car tested on numerous occasions, and we have learned that the light is faulty. Yesterday, the light turned off, and so we were planning on completing the emissions test today; however, when Bryan was ready to take the car to be tested, the light returned to activity. He did everything he could to fix the faulty light, but to no avail. As he was telling me his frustrations, I explained my lesson, and suggested that we pray.

As I kneeled to pray, I explained to Heavenly Father how I realized that the matter of our car was a small and trivial concern; however, I explained how important it was to us to receive the test, and comply with the state laws. For some reason during my prayer, I felt emotional throughout my explanation. I felt that Heavenly Father was hearing my prayer over my car, so I continued to pray about the more important matters of my family. I felt peace and love wash over me as I communicated with my Father in Heaven. When I closed my prayer, I felt a sense of gratitude for the love of a Father in Heaven. Later that day I received a text from my husband stating, "You are the Woman." Meaning: the Check Engine Soon light had turned off on the car.

I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I know that He hears us even in the smallest details. Sometimes our prayers are not always answered in the way we would hope; however, in those moments, it is up to us to trust in God's design rather than our own. In moments where our prayers are answered directly and immediately, I stand in solemn gratitude and awe at a loving Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment