Thursday, March 5, 2015

Daily Reflections

Today I was prompted to "slow" down just a bit, and spend some quality time with Jacob and Amber. Life can get so busy, and the busyness of life is really getting to me right now. Jacob is getting baptized in a few weeks, and I am in the process of making him a book. My mind is consumed with finishing this book in time for it to be published prior to his baptism. I feel that I am using every waking moment to accomplish this goal. After Amber and Jake finished their homework, I was prompted to slow down and spend quality time with my kids. They both wanted to watch a movie, so the three of us curled up on the coach and snuggled in for a movie. I was able to express to them that they come first despite my "to do" list.

I am grateful for the prompting to slow down; to make time for the most important things. Making a book prior to Jake's baptism is important to me; however, spending time with my kids is far more important.

I have faith that when we put the things that matter most first, we are blessed. I truly believe that everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment