Sunday, March 1, 2015

Daily Reflections

Today we were able to listen to L. Tom Perry in Stake Conference. I felt so blessed to listen to an apostle about the importance of making it to eternal life. He made jokes about how he wished he could have us all marching toward that with excitement. It was refreshing to listen to his wisdom, his down to earth personality, his love for the Gospel. He was an example to me of simply being our best selves. Perhaps, him being his best self came through a life devoted to God. At the end of his discourse he said, "The closer you draw to Him (God), the more blessing s you receive in this life and the world to come. Let Him into your life." He also gave a promise when he said, "I promise you that if you turn your life to Him it will become part of your character--trust in Him."

I was grateful for an apostles insight. I was grateful for the entire conference. I learned about being non-contention, and about becoming through the other speakers--both of which, I could always improve. It has always been my desire to have a non-contentious home, and to become ALL that my Father in Heaven needs me to become. I felt touched by all the messages given.

Some of my favorite one-liners:
Becoming Means to Change
Burying Our Weapons of War causes us to Be Converted to the Lord
What are our weapons?

Sister Marriott (2nd Counselor in YW's General Presidency)
~Only takes one to shift an attitude to avoid contention
~3 Nephi 29 the Savior teaches 3 separate times about avoiding contention

No comments:

Post a Comment