Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Lord's Hand

I sometimes stand in awe at the love that the Lord bestows in our lives. This morning I needed to wake up early in order to drive to my uncle's funeral 4 hours away. Timing was everything, and because of that-- I couldn't afford to sleep passed my alarm.

When I went to bed, I was careful to set my alarm--knowing I needed to wake up at 5:00 a.m. I was sound asleep when I was awakened by an impression that I hadn't set my alarm. At first, my consciousness thought I was still dreaming; however, the impression was so strong that I found myself crawling out of bed to check the time. I have two 5 o'clock settings in my alarms--one for the morning and one for the evening. I had set my alarm, but instead of setting it for the morning--I set it for the evening. When I awoke, it was 5:05 a.m. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father directed my path today. He was aware of my need, and He provided a way for me to attend my uncle's funeral. Without that wake up call--we wouldn't have been able to attend. I am so grateful. I am in awe at His love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment