Sunday, January 3, 2016

Did God send a message that was just for me?

I'm trying to write these thoughts more diligently. What did God send me today?

I was grateful for the opportunity to teach Jacob's class today. I was able to see a bird's eye view of my son and his surroundings at church. It taught me a lot about how I can instruct him as a parent, and how I can teach him compassion. I thought a lot about wishing for a different class, and yet--I changed my mind midway through those thoughts. As I reflect on his circumstance, I realize that he has the opportunity to BE THE GOOD. He can reach out to the struggling children and lift. He can learn to not succumb to the temptations of "playing along" when a child is being disruptive. Sometimes it is the frustrating scenarios that make us better more compassionate human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment