Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Kindness

Today while I was volunteering at Jake's school, an awkward little girl came to talk to Jake with genuine excitement. Jake was so kind and accepting of this sweet angel. As our lunch date continued, Jake laughed with everyone in his path. He was genuinely kind to everyone. He didn't care what anyone else looked like--he was simply kind.

How often do we allow social parameters to determine how we treat others? We are taught to be Christ-like, and this issue is definitely a determining factor in being Christ-like.

Today I have thought back on my growing up years. Was I kind to everyone? I honestly think I genuinely tried to be kind to everyone. With that being said, I think I can be better. Being Christ-like is a molding process that doesn't just happen. It is something that takes a lot of molding and shaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment