Wednesday, April 16, 2014

SCRIPTURE POWER

I don't want to forget Jacob and bedtime. For a long time he was scared to go to bed for fear of having a nightmare. One night his sister turned on the scriptures while she was watching him, and ever since he hasn't been scared. He has said things like: "I feel the spirit with the scriptures", and he has admonished his friends on the way to school "to also listen...they'll make you happy". He truly is excited too! He pulls his scriptures out all of the time, and while he is playing, he wants to listen. The other night morning he woke up and announced, "I finished The Book of Mormon last night. I stayed up until I heard our favorite scripture about coming to Christ and then it was over". I thought that he might lose interest when he had read/listened to the entire book, but he hasn't. The other night he was so thrilled when he was going to bed, he excitedly told Amber that "Nephi was going to make it to the promised land". The biggest thing for me is that I know God answers prayers. It might not be in our timing, but He does answer. Both my prayers and Jake's prayers have been answered with this experience. Jacob has had a lot of fears, and I have prayed for help in helping him overcome--this is a tender mercy in our lives. In Jacob's nightly prayers, he use to pray to not have bad dreams, he use to beg me to stay by his side, he use cry before bed... I simply do not want to forget the blessing of answered prayers.... And also that he wears his Davy Crocket hat to bed (so funny).

No comments:

Post a Comment