Wednesday, October 24, 2012


In family scripture study I was touched by Alma’s description of the Liahona. He said, “And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day” (Alma 37:40). I love that this verse describes that it was by their faith that the Liahona worked. He then went on to say that because of their faith they were blessed with daily miracles. It caused me to consider what kind of Liahona’s are in my life today, and what kind of miracles the Lord is desiring to bless me with if I seek out the LIahona’s in my life? Alma continued to say that because “they were slothful, and forgot to exercise faith and diligence…those marvelous works ceased” (Alma 37: 42). Again, am I slothful in the things that matter most? Is God wanting to bless me, but am I refusing those blessings, because I am unwilling to seek the Lord? And finally my ponderings were answered by Alma when he said, “And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as the director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise” (Alma 37:46). Herein we are told that the scriptures are our latter-day Liahona’s, and by searching them, we will make it back into our Father’s presence and be crowned with Eternal Life. We cannot be slothful!

No comments:

Post a Comment